Wednesday, February 25, 2009

the end!

I really enjoyed doing this (as I did with the last Web 2.0 learning exercises). I think it is really important for us as librarians to at least be aware of these new sorts of technologies that are emerging on the web - even better if we can be confident to pass this knowledge on to customers.

Sites such as Digg and Reddit really stood out to me. I am increasingly sceptical about the "slant" of alot of information in television news bulletins, etc, and whose interests are being served. These sites offer a refreshing alternative. I like the way the most popular stories are determined by the users.

Tools I think would be most useful to our customers are : the genealogy sites (Geni, MyHeritage and also LitLovers so they can get help with setting up a bookclub) and the other reading sites (Authorsontheweb, Bookreporter, etc) for helping them decide what to read next.

This was great fun and I'm glad I was able to participate, :-)

1 comment:

ACL web 2.1 said...

Congratulations Rose! Thanks for your feedback and we are glad you go so much out of this, and now you're in the draw to win!