Sunday, February 8, 2009

genealogy, week #2

license to play is off to a great start, could spend so much time on these sites.. my heritage and geni are fantastic tools for people to create their own family tree !

when I think about doing a family tree, I have images of people up to their armpits in old dusty papers and paraphenalia- the sort of thing that could become confusing,and easy to lose track of where you are up to. But doing it online eliminates so much of this ! being able to add photos so easily is fantastic too. I love how these new web technologies are able to access photos from flickr, facebook, etc - these sites are all interconnected and working together. You can save a lot of time here, not having to dig around the depths of your computer for photos.

my heritage has a strong focus on photos - once you have uploaded someone's photo and labelled them, my heritage will recognise the face from then on. some impressive facial recognition software at work.

geni is my favourite of the two, I found the site a bit more intuitive, easier to navigate, and simpler to use. I could go for hours on this site ! I like the way the tree looks on the page too. Now lets see if I can embed my tree on this blog... and there it is! top right corner, yay.. :)

1 comment:

ACL web 2.1 said...

Hi Rambling Rose

Great to see you had a good look around My Heritage and Geni!! Love your blog and your family tree:-) Next up is Books and Authors Week 3lots of fun:-)